University of Basel Experience
Student life at the University of Basel takes place beyond the walls of lecture halls, libraries, and laboratories. There are various cultural and sports activities at the Basel city that students can attend.
- University Sports
The University of Basel offers students a program of over 100 sports, movent and body awareness activities. From yoga, boot camp, kayaking, to soccer. Most of the activities are offered for free and do not require pre-booking. Except for weekly training offered during weekdays Monday to Saturday, Sports University organizes also camps, weekends, workshops, advisory services, and tournaments. There are courses for beginners as well as for athletes. Students and staff can also use the modern fitness center. This center is run by a professional team willing to help with cardio, weight lifting, and circuit training.
- Student Associations
There are numerous student associations and organizations at the University of Basel that students can join. Depending on the areas they choose to focus there are culture, sport, environment, politics & religion student clubs that contribute to the social life of UNIBAS. The most prominent student organization is the University of Basel Student Union skuba. Their duties include representing the interests of students at the University of Basel and making sure students’ views and needs are taken into consideration by the university committees.
Some of the student clubs at UNIBAS are:
- Amnesty International Students Basel,
- Campus live,
- Science Slam Club,
- We are Computer Science,
- & more.
Students are advised to start collecting information and looking for housing in Basel and its area beforehand. Basel is one of Switzerland’s cities where finding housing is becoming more and more difficult and expensive. For students who find it challenging to find accommodation, there’s a student accommodation office named WoVe which is dedicated to finding and renting good-value accommodation for young people in education.
Accommodation options (student residences):
- Genossenschaft Studentenheim Basel: This student residence is on Mittlere Strasse 33 and provides 100 furnished rooms.
- The student residence Borromäum provides accommodation for young people in education.
- The Katholische Studentenhaus offers affordable accommodation for 70 students in a central location – regardless of religion and nationality.
- Behind the name of the theological student residence, Alumneum stands a lot of history and a long tradition. Today, the residence at Hebelstrasse 17 is open to students from all faculties
- The Evangelische Studienhaus Meierhof specifically caters to students of the Faculty of Theology or students interested in theology in general.
- The Pro Filia-House offers rooms for young women in education.
- Le Centre is a congregation building owned by the French Church and offers students affordable accommodation in close vicinity of the University.
Students are advised to search these portals that offer housing in Basel and its area:
- Immobilien Basel-Stadt
The University of Basel’s Unimarkt is also a good place to find interesting housing options.
Career Service Center
The Career Service Center at the University of Basel helps students to successfully launch their careers by offering services such as individual counseling and CV Checks, career and networking events, job vacancies and internships, workshops, panel discussions, and much more. These services are designed to provide students with extra information or guidance on topics revolving around job applications, career planning, and career opportunities.
Your message has been sent. You will soon by contacted by Oxfod University.CLOSE THIS PAGE