Are you planning on moving to Switzerland? Or maybe you’ve lived there for a while and are looking into online dating and don’t know where to start. Either way, we’re here to help you. Whether you’re looking for a potential date or making friends, the apps we have compiled for you can provide all of that. So keep on reading to learn more about these apps and what customers think of them.
10 Best Dating Apps In Switzerland
Nowadays, there are a lot of online dating apps, and you might get overwhelmed trying to find a safe and effective one. For this reason, we have made it easier for you to meet new people by compiling a list of the 10 best dating apps in Switzerland. Take a look and see if there’s an app that matches your interests.
Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps out there. The way that Tinder lets you meet your potential date (or not) is with a “swipe right” if you like them and “swipe left” if you don’t. Tinder shows you a person’s picture, a short bio of them, and a list of their interests. This way, you can quickly determine whether that person would be a match for you or not. If two people both have swiped right on each other’s profiles, then they are a match on the app and can message each other.
What we like about Tinder
- Even if you don’t find a date, you can potentially make friends there.
- You learn life lessons and precautions by talking to people online and being safe before deciding if you want to see that person in real life.
- If you’re particularly shy, Tinder can make it easier for you to communicate with other people.
- There are many stories where a Tinder date turned out to be a perfect match, and couples got married.
What we don’t like about Tinder
- Many profiles are repetitive, and you don’t see something new.
- A lot of people also lie on their profiles, so you can never be too careful.
- Sometimes people won’t message you or message you back if you’ve already texted them.
- Men tend to swipe right on most women, whereas women are more selective, this means that women get way more matches while men don’t.
- Tinder doesn’t have a “compatibility rating,” so you don’t really know why or how you matched with someone other than the picture swipe right or left.
Bumble is a dating app, but with a twist, you can actually let people know that you’re just looking to network, make friends, or date. Another different thing about Bumble is the fact that women must send a message to guys within 24 hours of matching. It features a simple “swipe right” if you like them and “swipe left” if you don’t. You can see people’s pictures, bios, and interests.
What we like about Bumble
- It has a 50/50 men and women users ratio.
- Bumble has a BFF option that lets you make friends and talk to people, so it is not only a dating app but can be used for friendships too.
- Women make the first move which is a fan favorite since they can avoid unwanted messages from men they don’t want to talk to.
- Since in Bumble, people tend to overtalk in their bios, this can be a good thing if you’re someone that wants to know a lot more about a person before talking to them.
What we don’t like about Bumble
- People tend to overtalk in their bios which some people do not like since they prefer to talk about those things while chatting.
- The matches will expire after 24 hours if the females do not message first either because they aren’t on the app or simply forgot to check.
- Bumble may not be for men who like to make the first move or for women who are particularly anxious about making the first move.
OkCupid is another awesome dating app. When you register on the site, you are required to answer some questions in order for you to find a match to someone that answered the questions the same as you.
The users are required to answer up to 15 questions, but most OkCupid users prefer to answer up to 50 questions for better probability results. You can like someone’s profile and send them only one message, but until they’ve liked you back, they won’t be able to see your message.
What we like about OkCupid
- It features thorough questions about your personality, likes, and dislikes, making it relatively easier to find people with the same personality.
- You won’t be able to see someone’s message unless you’ve also liked their profile back; this protects you from receiving unwanted messages.
- Since it’s not just a dating app, you can also make friends there.
- It lets you answer some questions privately so only people you choose can see the answers.
What we don’t like about OkCupid
- According to reviewers, the customer service of OkCupid is not the best out there.
- Some members have reported that their profiles have been mysteriously deleted.
- Some of the questions that are asked upon registration are unnecessarily explicit or political.
- A lot of scammers are on OkCupid, so people need to be cautious about who they’re talking to.
Hinge is a dating app that, instead of the swiping left and right business, lets you like a person’s picture or one of their prompt responses. Upon registration, users have to answer three prompts, letting other people know how they think or what their personality is like. Hinge’s free version lets you send about eight likes every 24 hours.
What we like about Hinge
- Easy to interact with people you want to.
- Its motto is “designed to be deleted,” so its goal is to find everyone’s perfect match.
- It has a “reminder features,” in which the app reminds you to message a person back if you accidentally forgot.
- Since people have a limited amount of likes per day, it makes them think hard and use them wisely on someone they actually like.
- The questions a user is asked to answer make it easier for them to let people know about their interests, so they can’t just respond with yes or no.
What we don’t like about Hinge
- Your data is shared with other dating sites and third parties to help improve the algorithm.
- The CEO of Hinge reported that the site tracks attractiveness, so essentially, it has filtering to determine if two people are likely to like each other.
Happn is a different kind of dating app that uses your location to get you to meet people. If, for example, you cross paths with someone who also has the app, they will be added to the top of your feed. If both people like each other’s profiles, then they can start messaging each other.
What we like about Happn
- It shows people that crossed your path and have the app, so you are potentially connecting with people who live in your area.
- Your exact location isn’t visible to anyone.
- You will not receive messages from people you haven’t liked.
What we don’t like about Happn
- Although the location feature might be helpful for some, it can actually be pretty dangerous too. People can see where you’ve crossed paths with them and how many times, so it could be a gateway for unwanted people.
- There are a lot of fake profiles.
Badoo is a socializing app that allows users to click whether they are looking to date or to make friends on the app. It has a “swipe right” if you like them and a “swipe left” if you don’t feature. You can also swipe up from the bottom to see more information about another user. Users can match, chat with others, upload pictures and videos, share their interests, and see what they have in common with other people.
What we like about Badoo
- It creates a minimalistic atmosphere on the app with its simple yet effective features.
- It’s great if you’re also looking to make new friends from different cities.
- You can link it to other social media accounts.
What we don’t like about Badoo
- You have to pay to see who has liked your profile.
- Customers have reported many fake profiles.
- Customers have had problems with credit cards and phone numbers.
Yoomee is a dating app that allows you to connect and message people in your area regardless of whether you have matched with them. In order to “heart” other people’s profiles, you have to purchase them once you run out of the free ones the app offers.
What we like about Yoomee
- Some reviewers have reported that it is easy to use.
- Some customers have said that they have made a lot of friends on Yoomee.
- You can connect with people in your area.
What we don’t like about Yoomee
- It costs 5 hearts to connect with someone, and the app doesn’t give out free ones, so you have to purchase them.
- You have to exchange phone numbers.
- There are a lot of fake profiles.
SweetMeet is a dating app that allows you to talk to and potentially meet people whether you’re interested in dating or friendships. It features a “swipe right” if you like them and a “swipe left” if you don’t mechanism. This allows you to only match with people that have liked you, too. Plus, all profiles are personalized with bios and interests.
What we like about SweetMeet
- It is a free dating site, so you don’t have to pay anything.
- Your privacy is protected as the app does not ask for your email address or phone number upon registration.
- You can directly send messages to someone you are interested in.
- You can like someone’s pictures and get coins.
What we don’t like about SweetMeet
- The app is free because it has way too many ads, which can be pretty annoying.
- Even if you have the VIP status to protect your phone from ads, you can still get them, as many customers have reported.
- There are a lot of fake profiles and scammers.
Lovetastic is a dating app that allows you to create a free profile, customizing it with your own personal interests, likes, and dislikes in order to match with someone. The app presents users from your region so you can meet people that live in your area. If you like someone’s profile and they like yours back, you can then message them.
What we like about Lovetastic
- You cannot add pictures in this app, so it’s great if you don’t want to share your photos for privacy and security reasons.
- You can add a voice message to your profile talking about yourself so that anyone can judge you for your personality, not your looks.
- The app is free and lets you connect with people in your region.
What we don’t like about Lovetastic
- Customers have reported that the customer service is not the best.
- It does not suggest active users, so you could match with someone who is no longer in the app.
- There are a lot of fake profiles out there.
Evermatch is a dating app specifically designed to help people settle down and match only with people they are compatible with. It provides real profiles with customized personal interests and information that lets people know if they’re going to be a match or not.
What we like about Evermatch
- If you subscribe to Evermatch, you won’t get any ads, and you can send unlimited messages.
- You only match with people you are compatible with.
- The app is designed to help people settle down.
- All pictures uploaded must be approved first, so they can’t be of a pet or celebrity.
What we don’t like about Evermatch
- You can use the app without confirming your email account, which can lead to no protection against fake accounts.
- The terms of service are very lengthy.
The Bottom Line
These dating apps are all pretty useful if you want to meet a new partner or simply make some friends. But, of course, you can never be too careful meeting people online, no matter how safe the site is. Whichever site you decide to talk to people on, always be cautious before deciding to meet them in real life.